The recommendations the LLTF is developing will take the form of a recommended strategic plan. This recommended strategic plan will include a blueprint and roadmap for establishing a lifelong learning education system based on research, knowledge sharing and community input.
The LLTF has divided its work into two phases:
- Recommended Strategic Plan on K-12 Education – target completion date Fall 2021.
- Recommended Strategic Plan on Expansion of K-12 Education to include the full lifelong learning continuum – target completion date March 31, 2022.
The approach adopted to develop recommendations is a community-based capacity development approach that leverages community strengths at the 1) individual, 2) organizational, and 3) broader ecosystem levels. The LLTF relies on research, community engagement and technical expertise to develop a robust set of recommendations that will meet the needs of the community now and into the future.
The LLTF utilizes a four stage Information Processing Cycle to develop and refine recommendations for inclusion in the strategic plan.
- Gather information
- Includes primary and secondary research
- Share information
- Hard copies, internet (social media, website), meetings (Taskforce, task teams), etc.
- Obtain input
- Includes task teams, workshops, Sharing Circles (focus groups), surveys, interviews, etc.
- Develop/Refine recommendations
- Incorporate input into recommended strategic plan